10 Fun Facts
- I ran hurdles (Much later in life, I held the official stopwatch on the racer who eventually broke my school record!).
- I attended game 4 of the 2004 World Series live, watching the Red Sox make history!
- My kids are all named after ALIAS characters + baseball players.
- I was the only girl on the boys’ swim team for one year in high school.
- I also played softball, volleyball, basketball, and tennis.
- I play the trumpet and piano (though neither very well anymore!).
- I enjoy any event that requires a costume.
- I don’t eat eggs (except in fried rice) or anything that looks like mayonnaise or ranch.
- I rarely rewatch movies or TV episodes.
- I’m 100 percent night owl and 0 percent early bird.
My third-grade teacher (a middle-grade author) introduced me to the love of theater (and obviously encouraged a love of books!). But from the age of ten to thirty-eight, other things crowded out that space in my life. Thanks to my son and the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre, I found inspiration to dive back in after almost three decades. Here are some favorite moments from then and now.
Top 10 Things That Are 10/10
- Baseball (especially the Boston Red Sox)
- S’mores (as is or s’mores donuts, s’mores ice cream, s’mores truffles, you get the idea)
- Bright colors
- Board games
- Turkish food (followed closely by pineapple fried rice)
- Pixar movies
- John Williams film scores
- The MCU
- Dr. Pepper
My Favorite TV Shows of All Time
- Arrested Development
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- 30 Rock
- This Is Us
- Orange Is the New Black
- Dawson’s Creek
- I Love Lucy